Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Silver Snake:
The TR's were the real deal. When Ferrari caught wind of the shows popularity, it offered up two of its just introduced Testarossa's for the show.

Not entirely true. I still remember reading a Popular Mechanics issue that discussed that one of the TR's used was was a kit car using a tube frame and a fiberglass body. It had features like an auxillary brake pedal hooked only to the rear brakes for power 180s and such. They simply recored the audio tracks of a ferrari flat 12 from a real testarossa. I know that they were given 2 TR's from Ferrari but I don't think it was used too much. Probably for close detail shots.

-- Popular Mechanics, July 1987:

"...Ferrari North America offered to provide two bona-fide Ferraris for Miami Vice, and they chose their flagship model, the 12-cylinder muscle machine, the Testarossa."

"...Two show cars were provided by Ferrari North America and were originally delivered black, but were later repainted white for better contrast at night."

"In addition, a stunt car was created by the Roberts Motor Co. by beefing up a 1972 DeTomaso Pantera chassis with salvaged Testarossa body parts..."

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
My fav episode was when Willie Nelson played the Texas Ranger. Can't wait for the Miami Vice movie to come out in 4 days!!

...although I don't know if an Irishman can pull off playing Crockett, but we'll see.
http://www.miamivice.com/

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Silver Snake:
The TR's were the real deal. When Ferrari caught wind of the shows popularity, it offered up two of its just introduced Testarossa's for the show.

Not entirely true <other stuff>

Yeah they had the pantera with the glass body, but only for the big stunts....big slides etc. Most of the normal driving scenes and chases were filmed with the TR's. It was much easier on the budget to risk cracking up the pantera with the replica body.

-Todd

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by kev.fitz:
Miami Wice number one new show!
But really aren't people sick of the movie studios doing this crap with every single movie.

Mann has said that he'd wanted MV to be a movie from the start, but the TV deal came along and he went with it. So this is just a continuation of that goal.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Viss1:

FWIW the plotline of Calderon killing Tubbs' brother was continued in the 2-hour opener to season 2, wherein Tubbs goes to NY to track him down.

this episode, or atleast one of them is going on sleuth at 11pm eastern.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The upcoming movie looks TOIGHT!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
My cell phone actually has the Miami Vice Theme ringtone.

I hope the movie has the old theme song somewhere in it.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
My cell phone actually has the Miami Vice Theme ringtone.

I hope the movie has the old theme song somewhere in it.

please tell me you wear socks when you don a suit

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Funny thing is that when my phone rings my clients usually can't figure out what song is playing.
I had one say " isn't that the theme to Charlie's Angels?

...uhhh, no.

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Funny thing is that when my phone rings my clients usually can't figure out what song is playing.
I had one say " isn't that the theme to Charlie's Angels?

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard