old thread

In the link above it talks about excess tempature and possibly a clogged cat could make this problem worse and heat up the tranny and engine.

The Coolant temp sits around the A/L and has been plugged into a diagnostics machine that says its within spec.
The owner of the car is saying I am to blame when I am trying to help. He wanted to drive it into the ground the other day mind you.

So if there is a scapegoat like the Cat being so clogged that the engine runs hot and therefore makes the tranny get too hot I can bail my self out since he chose not to service it.

The engine performance was weak to begin with and only seem to be choking on itself more and more.

My friend had a Z28 Camaro that actually began to overheat and slip his tranny when his cats were clogged. I raced him in my eclipse gst and put about 2 cars on him. He limped it home cut his pipes off problem gone (loud as hell) but problem gone. and it definetly helped his performance cuz that LS1 was ahead by 3cars after he fixed it. Besides the fact that the cats restrict power also.

97.Contour.GL.ATX 89.Dodge.Colt.4G63T