ok got outta work at 6, Reconnected both sensors and no more slipping but gears shift harder. Using 2nd to start it is a smoother start.

Autozone OBD2 codes ran were the same I was aware of:
P0133 O2 Sensor
PO420 Cat
PO171 Lean 2nd bank

No tranny codes. On the way home on the highway the o/d light started flashing again. Still no slipping but like I said harder shifts.

Any reccomendation where to start on sensors? The tranny still whines w/ RPM's but shifts and had it to 80mph without slipping, uphill 45mph no slipping (earlier today it couldn't make it up the same hill) so I believe something is working better.

Me and my bud use this car to carpool to work is the purpose as a daily driver. He's not into replacing what the codes ran at before until inspection. What annoys me is he has the money to make it right but with a Widebody MR2 Turbo, Navigator, and a Turbo CRX he really just wants it to get from point a to point b with minimal expense its really a low key car to commute so we don't get targeted as 22/23yr olds.

If it was my car I would make everything right. In my eyes as an enthusiast i'd want all my cars running up to par for reliabilty. The car recenty got 34mpg on the highway on a day trip to NYC. The car does run slightly hotter because of the Cat but has a brand new thermostat and coolant sensors.

97.Contour.GL.ATX 89.Dodge.Colt.4G63T