Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Berkel:
What type of prices will we be looking at?

If you pop into a Group Buy with these pictures of these on the car and ready to be made, you could spark tons of interest.

Here's a quick photoshop, something like this?

Exactly like that! Possibly include the door handle surround, and maybe even a center console option for pre-98 consoles. (I suppose that could come later if the first part were successful) I can go either way on 'oh sh!t' handles.

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I'm with the Speling Nazi on this one.

Seriously?!? You make it too easy for me! Meh...just messing with you!

I do think a package deal would be perfect, if the cost were reasonable. Should we find out what people might be willing to pay for a package first, and then see if it's a feasible number to aim for? Myself, I think I'd be willing to throw $200-$250 at this, possibly a little more. For that, I'd be wanting the two dash pieces and the four door pulls at least. Does that seem reasonable or am I being naive/cheap? I really don't know. If the door handle surrounds could be fabricated and included at roughly that price-point, then count me in for sure!

Also, if full-on billet pieces were too expensive, I wouldn't be opposed to ABS plastic plated in a nice brushed metal.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I'll check on the trim part of the dash, that might be a little harder to mold. For the door handles alone I think $50-60 for the set of 4 is obtainable depending on tooling and amount of interest.

Is the dash trim the same on all years? 95-97 have the pocket.

I was thinking the trim rings too on the door, but those snap in IIRC (been awhile since I took the door apart)

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I'd be interested, especially since the passengers side door handle snapped off on one side.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
was thinking the trim rings too on the door, but those snap in IIRC (been awhile since I took the door apart)

No, they have a single screw w/ a little screw cover that holds it on.

I have pics of the various pieces that we're considering from both pre and post '98 vehicles. I'll load them up as soon as imagehigh.com gets its act together and their servers are back up.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard