Originally posted by TRicker:
do the 3L LiM's match up to 2.5 heads? i have been informed that they are slightly larger than the 2.5 LIM's and if they fit i am also looking for a set

Depends on the year. 99 and earlier Taurus/Sable lower intake manifolds are almost the same as the 99+ SVT LIMs(which was updated and derived from the 3L LIM). Meaning they are both split port aluminum with secondaries and they WILL fit. It is the 1998 LIMs that are the same as the standard 2.5L LIM (slightly smaller)
2000+ 3L manifolds are ovalport and plastic from what I've seen except ST220 Manifolds. The oval plastic manifolds pretty much suck for future development, RE: honing/porting, but if they provide the airflow you want then not a problem. The aluminum LIM of the SVT can be cut out to be an oval shape and you can buy a <=1999 Taurus/Sable upper intake manifold that is essentially an ovalport with a split port bolt-up and it will bolt on directly to your newly cut (now oval) 2.5L lower intake manifold.
Believe me, the cut 2.5L LIM is going to be a hell of a sight bigger than a standard ovalport and the 3L upper oval from a 99 is equal to the later 3L ovals if not bigger.

For NA with nitrous you are wasting your time and money though. Do a good porting job on your factory stuff and then let the nitrous have its way. You won't be disapointed.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black