Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
so your not driving a contour anymore? /cry

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Quote:

I got a standing offer to anyone who wants me to tune their car: Pay for the SCT Code for me to use on your PCM so that I can add it to my PRP, and I will tune your car to run correctly, even if it takes multiple attempts. I figure I can do it in few tune attempts as long as you provide datalogging and A/F data as well as use the correct fuel management components. To add a tune to my PRP it will only cost $200 which is definitely cheaper than a tuning shop does it.
PM me if you or anyone is interested and wants it done.

That's a great offer but after spending money on the tuning package I'd really like to dig into it and get my own tune going. If you can create XCal files it would be a good deal for those that just have the XCal and need another tune.

FYI: I pointed the compressor on the Thomas Knight kit down and drilled a 3.5 inch hole in the fender well. The frame rail is just below so I'm going to run a 90 off the compressor and move toward the front of the car just above the frame rail a bit. Then turn out toward the driver's side once I get away from were the two frame rail sections connect together. The 90's won't be optimal but there isn't much else I can do. I'll get some pictures of the holes once I get it figured out. I'm waiting for some more piping and couplers now so I can start hooking things up.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Well yeah, but once you have a good starting tune so the engine doesn't blow up or run bad, then you can take it from there and try everything out in order to learn your software. In fact, you can consider it as starting at a KNOWN POINT in your tuning and then you'll always know where you are in your own tunes. It can save you from trying something that is harmfull due to inexperience because you can reference the working tune.
It is pretty much the same as buying a PRP and xcal from a dealer, and then paying them some extra $ to do the first ballpark tune for you....Only better because I have been able to tune this platform successfully both F/I and NA; whereas with FI engines only ADC has any skills and not only are they far away, they are hit and miss sometimes too.
Not only that, I'm a lot more reachable than any other tuner because I'm a participating member of the forum, and for a while yet I'll be in the eastern USA. See, just look at all the benny's.
Of course what I get out of it is the code for myself so that later I can tune more cars.
I can guarantee that if the car is otherwise mechanically and electrically sound, and if you listen to my recommendations on system layout, that I can tune it to run well.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Pssst ... tuning section is up on NECO now

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Tom, I might take you up on your tuning offer once I get my car running again .

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard