Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
well o.k. my mind has been made up due to all the above conditions. I thank of of you guys for the help on this project. would rather have a turbo svt than a turbo integra but for the money the mechanical work and do-ability i think that the integra would better suit me for adding a turbo. The only problem is it's AUTOMATIC, so i have to invest in a 5 spd. i feel like im am on a scale with a decision to make and with you guys again for helping me make it.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Ohhh ... this ought to be fun to watch ... get video of with the hood up when you start the car with the turbo on for the first time

3.0L block + 2.5L heads = CR ~11.2:1 = Not very boost friendly

But you know that is VERY easy to fix with a little chamber work!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
... AZ Chip; SAFC ...

LMAO, two for two today. The SAFC can be used on top of a chip for minor adjustments so that you don't have to pay for a reburn. Same exact thing I did for two years on my turbo with my Streetflight chip and the eManage. Once the chip was in the ballpark I was able to fine tune it with the emanage pretty easily. In fact the emanage is easier to do final dyno tuning with than just reburning a chip or reflashing your own PCM if you have a racer pack.
You also get different data from the the datalogging of the emanage than you can get with just an OBD scanner or the software.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Chamber work = pull the heads and send them off ... it's obvious this guy couldn't port the chambers if he is asking for elemental turbo questions. No offense, it is what it is. So, replace head gaskets & bolts, timing cover gaskets & valve cover gaskets ... on top of the porting work.

AZ Chip & SAFC = waste ... just get a damn XCal2 and be done with it ... full tuneability for about the same price. Nowhere does he mention an eManage

I think I have very valid points and from a cost concisions point of view, I thought that you of all people would agree.

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/19/06 02:46 PM.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I'm just playing devils advocate.

And yes, all that about the chamber work costs is correct so your point IS valid.

Only thing, the SAFC corrects the maf the same way the emanage does so it would work similar, though the emanage has other ways of adding fuel when necessary that the safc does not.

In all honesty, you can get a basic chip for a fair price, maybe $200-$250 and an safc used might be $50 into the $200 for new so it still less than the PRP and about the same as the XCal2 with a tune. With just the xcal and a tune you have to pay for tune updates anyway.

Don't mind me I was just trying to be argumentative this morning. lol

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
so theres still hope on my project? no offense i probably could do a port and polish, but how much would this run me to send the heads to a machine shop and all the works to get this project going?? i just got a price at a junkyard for a 5spd for my integra 950.00 thats outta the quest. as you know money is kinda a issue but its gotta be wotrh the money to me to do this project.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by warmonger:
I'm just playing devils advocate.

And yes, all that about the chamber work costs is correct so your point IS valid.

Only thing, the SAFC corrects the maf the same way the emanage does so it would work similar, though the emanage has other ways of adding fuel when necessary that the safc does not.

In all honesty, you can get a basic chip for a fair price, maybe $200-$250 and an safc used might be $50 into the $200 for new so it still less than the PRP and about the same as the XCal2 with a tune. With just the xcal and a tune you have to pay for tune updates anyway.

Don't mind me I was just trying to be argumentative this morning. lol

Well I already had the SAFC. So, free SAFC and a chip form AZ dyno worked great for me. Also, I'm at 5000 ft. in elevation so it was a guessing game for AZ Dyno to get a chip that would work well here, my SAFC made up the difference. That's why its called a "custom turbo kit" -B.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by scuntSVTT:
so theres still hope on my project? no offense i probably could do a port and polish, but how much would this run me to send the heads to a machine shop and all the works to get this project going?? i just got a price at a junkyard for a 5spd for my integra 950.00 thats outta the quest. as you know money is kinda a issue but its gotta be wotrh the money to me to do this project.

If 950 is too much...you could never come close to anything.

For example...if you got a turbo to work on your car and made any power...you'd break the diff. Labor alone is close to your 950 for a clutch job.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
i bet i could find you a 5 speed for that integra for 100$ on honda tech right now.

however, why would you wanna boost a pencil rod honda motor anyways. turbo the contour, put a good clutch in it, and a LSD, and happy tire buying

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by TRicker:
why would you wanna boost a pencil rod honda motor anyways.

Because they make good power doing it.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard