Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1612038 07/20/06 04:16 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
So did you ask paypal where the tickets are? Was there any shipping information provided with payment? Getting scammed into sending money is one thing. Some one comprimsed your account and paypal says it was you, cant you manipulate Paypal's claim service towards the fact that if it was an approved deal, you still did not get tickets......

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
#1612039 07/20/06 08:47 PM
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i asked where these supposed tickets went to, and they said the shipping address was listed as my house. I guess maybe i can file a complaint against the guy, since i still have not received any reply to the email i sent him.

EDIT: You're brilliant man! I called up paypal and asked, since my fraud claim was denied if there'd be any harm in filing a dispute against the seller, since i never received the tickets i supposedly bought. The lady (most helpful person yet) said that's a good idea, and helped me file and escalate to a paypal claim. She said paypal will now request tracking information from the seller to prove they shipped me the supposed merchandise...and if they get no reply like i have, then i win by default. [[crosses fingers]]

Last edited by TGO; 07/20/06 09:09 PM.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1612040 07/20/06 09:42 PM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I deal with Paypal all the time, they cover the buyer pretty well and more so when payment is done with credit card. Reason being they KNOW the card company will file a claim/investigation on your behalf and Paypal tries to avoid that. Good luck, they give the seller about 10 days to reply with tracking.

#1612041 07/31/06 03:24 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Any update on this? Normally takes 7-10 days to complete their "investigation". Hope you got some good news

#1612042 07/31/06 03:36 AM
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Quote:

We have concluded our investigation into your claim detailed below. We
regret to inform you that we were unable to resolve this case in your
favor
because the claim was incomplete, filed incorrectly, or outside the
bounds
of coverage as defined in our User Agreement. As a result, we have not
taken any action at this time.

Please be assured that this case has been noted in the seller's record
for
future reference.

I also finally got an email from the person i supposedly bought the tickets from, and he says he had no idea the charges were fraudulent. I asked him for copies of any information he had regarding the transaction and where the tickets were shipped to. We'll see what happens I guess.

AMEX called me friday regarding the claim, but i missed the call. I'll have to call them tomorrow. I'm going to assume it's going to be more of the same and i'm beat for the money. Unless i want to invest time and money into a several month long law enforcement investigation which will probably go nowhere either.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1612043 07/31/06 04:29 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Did they ever provide tracking for the package? If it was not set to a confirmed address of yours their claim should be in your favor.

#1612044 07/31/06 02:46 PM
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
if i ask paypal where the package was sent to , they tell me it was my house.

i just got them email from the seller last night, and i have asked where he sent the package to and any tracking info he has on it. I am waiting for a reply.

paypal has been less than helpful with me. On top of seeming like they can't be bothered with me, I can't get any information out of them without a subpoena or someone of law enforcement requesting it. Whatever the law is...but if the requests supposedly came from my ip (i don't know how they would know that, since the last time i used paypal was in may - and my ip would have changed since then), then they shouldn't have a problem giving it to me. But that's not the case. Same goes for time warner and anyone else i've requested information from.

So i can probably get a letter written for free, but still have to rely on law enforcement to come through for me...and we all know how that's gonna turn out.

I think if amex doesn't have any good news for me, then i'm just going to cut my losses and close my paypal account - lesson learned.

Last edited by TGO; 07/31/06 02:58 PM.

#1612045 07/31/06 04:04 PM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Thats BS, see where the package goes and make sure no other confirmed addresses were added to your account. Sounds like Paypal is protecting their "ASSets" in your case. If that tracking number does not go to a address not listed with AMEX, they should be able to deny the claim and then paypal will eat it

#1612046 07/31/06 04:34 PM
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
that's what i'm saying. paypal is telling me the package got sent to my house.

i'm waiting to hear from the seller still, but i imagine he's going to tell me the same. i've asked him for tracking information and all that.

At the time i noticed all this went down, no information in my paypal acocunt was out of order...but i don't know how to prove if anything was changed and then changed back afterwards.

I never got any confirmation of my payment to the seller...which is why i never even noticed till i checked my amex online.

I just spoke to a lawyer friend of mine, and he said he'll write up whatever paperwork i need to get my information from time warner, ebay, and paypal...hopefully we won't run into problems with them being out of state.

#1612047 07/31/06 10:21 PM
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
So i just called paypal again. This time i yelled until i got connected with a manager.

She told me the dispute was dismissed because the item(s) i purchased were "intangible"

I explained to the lady that these sports tickets had to be real tickets...because if I were to pick up the tickets at the stadium i'd just deal with ticketmaster - and in order to pick them up i'd need a drivers license and the card i bought them with. As far as i know only major companies like that can sell tickets like that online. The auctions bid on were from private sellers. Regular people.

I also said that those tickets were alot of money and that there should be some sort of tracking/confirmation on them. Because anyone could just take them out of the mail. And obviously someone at my house would have signed for them too. She said that the seller did not provide any of that information to them.

I said "ma'am, doesn't that sound a little shady to you??" I also pointed out, again that they should contact ebay for confirmation that my account was indeed broken into and my personal information was changed. She said my paypal account showed no signs of anyone changing my mailing address or anything. The auctions on ebay that i supposedly bid on were never paid - and she was able to see that - so i think this person(s) just sent themselves the money to put in their pocket...

She said she would personally have them revisit the case and she would call me back tonight. She said there are some things that are not right about all of this. I am waiting with crossed fingers.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard