Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I already have mids and tweets in the kicks and subs in the car.

I might try putting the subs in the doors, like you, but that damn BOV would just keep overriding the sound ( ), so I guess I will stick with my components and highs, and subs in the rears.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
Originally posted by Ray:
Distortion isn't from LACK of power.

It is from clipping the signal. Attempting to OVER amplify the signal from a dirty, or underpowered amplifier.

If your new, upgraded speakers are getting distorted, you are maxing out your RADIO, not your speakers. the distortion is the signal OUT of the radio being clipped, not your speakers reaching their limits.

its what i was saying... if the radio is less powerfull the radio will have to work more to achieve the same result so let say you got something like 80RMS speaker on the original deck it will reach is limit faster than a aftermarket deck

Think about it like this.. Think of your speakers as your vehicle and your amplifier as your engine.. A 4 banger will work great for a smaller vehicle, but if you put a 4 banger in a H2, your going to burn up the engine.. Same goes the other way around a V8 is perfectly matched for a H2, but if you hook up that V8 in a geo metro, your going to destroy the car if your not light on the gas.
I don't know if that makes more or less sense to people but it tends to clear things up to most when I explain it that way.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
like the comparaison... hehe should be fun to have a V8 in a metro !

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard