Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
yes i can still feels every gear... but i end up in neutral on each of them and i dont have to press the clutch to shift them.

but if i press the clutch and try to put a gear i cant and it do a funny noise... and if i just pressed the clutch not trying to put into gear i hear something bouncing around like a penny in a dryer

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by TRicker:
can you feel every gear still?

my shift tower bolt came out, and it was in neutral, just wouldnt go into a gear. if you can put it in every gear and you still feel the guides (put it in first, if you cant go directly sideways into 5th its still in.) then you are in trouble. i hear that a blown diff will make the car clunk when you try to move it, not sure though. a blown clutch would usually grab to some extent, so you would be able to make it move. if you can take the shifter and move it in a circle, then the gear selector shaft bolt is laying in the bottom of your tranny.

in my case. i can get it into each gear, with a solid placement. i hear it going into gear still. when i take my foot off the clutch.. i can rest my foot on the floor, be in gear, and gas it and nothing happens.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424902 1998.5 Contour svt #5447 of 6535 B&M short Throw Shifter KKM intake borla catback (truebendz)
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by JEFFtourCT:
in my case. i can get it into each gear, with a solid placement. i hear it going into gear still. when i take my foot off the clutch.. i can rest my foot on the floor, be in gear, and gas it and nothing happens.

Ok, so now that we know a little more, how about this.

Does the speedometer climb when you put it into gear and the clutch is up?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
something similar happen to me a few month ago and i had to change my clutch.... the middle of the clutch was broken and was turning freely...

as for my current problem who look similar as my previous one... i cannot shift while clutching and i can shift only if i dont press the clutch

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Did you just finish washing your ride? I can't understand why on earth you would just bust out some wax and start going to town on your car otherwise lol!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

i checked out the car today..and yes. the speedometer does climb. i didnt notice it the other day.

so my mech is saying its not the clutch, its the f_ing tranny now. so now im looking at a crap load of money. we could only find one tranny on the east coast, so all said and done its going to run me about 2000 bucks!

i love the car, and i am totally willing to do this.

you guys should get a fundraiser going.. lol

and to all others. yes, i cleaned it before i "went to town" on the car with wax lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424902 1998.5 Contour svt #5447 of 6535 B&M short Throw Shifter KKM intake borla catback (truebendz)
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
yea i think it might be my tranny too.... time to get the brand new mtx-75 from BAT ?

somebody got one of does... it come with the uprated fork right ?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

i checked out the car today..and yes. the speedometer does climb. i didnt notice it the other day.

I would suspect axles before tranny first. Your problem sounds exactly like what happened when I snapped my axle.

Triple check to make sure it's not one of the axles first before you pay out the ass for a tranny rebuild.

Just bend down and look under the car while someone puts it in gear and gives it a little gas. If you notice the axle shaft is spinning, but from the CV joint on, not moving, then it would be the axle.

Someone can confirm this though as I'm no expert with this. Just speaking from my experience when it happened to me.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J

I would suspect axles before tranny first. Your problem sounds exactly like what happened when I snapped my axle.

Triple check to make sure it's not one of the axles first before you pay out the ass for a tranny rebuild.

Just bend down and look under the car while someone puts it in gear and gives it a little gas. If you notice the axle shaft is spinning, but from the CV joint on, not moving, then it would be the axle.

Someone can confirm this though as I'm no expert with this. Just speaking from my experience when it happened to me.

i could only hope its this. my friend in going to check it out for me tonight.. if this is what the problem is, then i should be able to make it to the meet on the 30th.

also, just another thing to vent about. the guys with my KKM intake are now telling me that they dont have it in stock, but they should be getting them in today.! ah!

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

i could only hope its this. my friend in going to check it out for me tonight.. if this is what the problem is, then i should be able to make it to the meet on the 30th.

also, just another thing to vent about. the guys with my KKM intake are now telling me that they dont have it in stock, but they should be getting them in today.! ah!

Nice. Hope you can make it to the meet.

Seriously though. Don't waste your time with the KKM. Cancel the order if you can. Order MAF adaptor from SP Motorsports or BAT, and then get a K&N RU-3530 filter from AJ USA.

The KKM is overpriced and doesn't even come with a good K&N filter.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard