Quote:

It is that mentality that concerns me. The quickness to overlook inexpensive, youthful talent kills me. I am willing to do the work of a senior artist for less, just because I don't have things like mortgage payments and children to take care of.

It's not so much a "mentality" as a "necessary evil". What's the alternative? 500 interviews? In some cases, 10,000 interviews?

When I interview for a position I've only got time to interview, usually, about 5% of the applicants. And that'll still take 1 day a week for however many weeks it takes until I find a good candidate. That's a huge percentage of my time.

I have to dig through the resumes and choose the ones that I think will be the most-qualified for the position. I know that I'm bound to be wrong at least as I am right, but it has to be done. I at least tend to mix it up (I myself am one of the ones that probably wouldn't have gotten through the process normally, I just got interviewed by some weird stroke of luck), and for [censored] and giggles will usually pull one out of the 'toss-out' pile just to see how it goes. But even that is 'unfair' because it forces a 'qualified' candidate out of the running.

Someone's (a lot of someone's) gonna get screwed by not getting an interview, is it any more fair if it's you versus the guy from Harvard who I bumped to interview you?

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX