Originally posted by nadthomas:
. . .scrolling through the Bat catalog . . . but their 300mm rotor is just a blank. Its not cross drilled or slotted, and its not zinc plated.

Meh, the lack of drilling on a rotor never designed to be drilled is a big plus to me. But, hey, what do I know about brakes . . .

Originally posted by nadthomas:
Additionaly only the 278mm rotor will fit under stock 16's without a spacer. The VOA kit does not require a spacer w/ stock 16's.

Um, the 300mm Focus SVT rotor works quite well under stock 16" wheels, whether you use the FSVT calipers, or the stock contour calipers with brackets. Get you're facts straight.

Originally posted by VisionOneAutosports:

. . . but also remember that the 12.2 inch kit does not fit stock wheels either.

So what? How many people are running a big brake kit on the stock wheels anyway? Not that a 300mm rotor is huge anyway.

And there is not addtional charge (125 for drilling?!?!) for slotting, drilling, or both.

Meh, again, this doesn't bother me. Drilling is silly on anything that wasn't intentionally designed to be drilled from the outset. Slotting isn't a big deal either way, especially on a street car.

We purposely avoided a 2 peice rotor due to cost,

I've got no problem with that, it is quite understandable, since Contour and Cougar owners have largely proved themselves to be really cheap or broke anyway.

but I will go head to head with the competition, if their $1300 kit stops 30% shorter (thats how much more it costs) then I will be a full supporter, if their car on the same set up and drvier run 30% shorter lap times, I will be a full suporter,

And your kit is 80-100% more expensive than the $400 swap over to the SVT Focus brakes, I'm pretty sure your stuff isn't an 80-100% improvement in stopping distances or lap times over the FSVT brakes. Heck, I challenge you to show that your kit will stop 30% quicker than even the stock Contour SVT brakes in a fair back to back comparison. I guarantee it won't. It won't do much for single laptimes either, as long as its a fair comparison.

but if it doesnt you need to ask yourself where your priorities lie... we focusedo n getting a big performer out there for a much more reasonable price, thats all

Well, if your priorities are the biggest bang for the buck, then it is easily the Focus SVT brake upgrade.

I'm not trying to discourage your sales here; I'm just trying to keep the playing field honest. And I happen to know a thing or two about brakes . . .

And, fwiw, because of my personal experiences, I am just no longer a fan of wilwood calipers. Brembo calipers are the only ones that have never let me down . . . though, to be fair, I've never used AP or Alcon calipers extensively. Hmm, maybe I should put together my own kit . . .

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net