Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Is the clock and the vanity base the same size? It looks close?

Nope. Not the same, clock is very small.

Here is something interesting.....

superlumination.com listed 74 and 37 together in the same category.

Quote:

#74 bulbs replace the following bulbs:17 18 37 70 73 79 85 86 2721

Yet, I tried to squeeze the 74 bulb into the vanity bulb socket, and it will not fit. I guess if you can find a 74 bulb in the correct color, file down the base a little thinner, it will fit right in. The bulb size is not the issue. It's the base that's wider on the 74.

EDIT: Crap, I left out the whole thing before about the vanity being a 37 bulb. When I pulled it out of the mirror, it had GE 37 labeled on it. I searched around the net and confirmed based on volts, watt, and size that it is a 37 bulb.

Ok cool. When I pulled my vanity I saw a smudged "37" on it but was not sure this was the bulb #. So....now that we are certain that it is a 37, I'm assuming there is no aftermarket bulb w/ that number other than trying a #74. Only problem is the bulbs I have been switching over w/ are glass so I can't file them. I have not been happy w/ LED's in the past so I would rather not go w/ them.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
ok a little update. I went out and tried pluging in a #74 no base led (single LED) into the vanity and it snaps in perfectly. It was a red LED but I just wanted to try. It is nowhere near bright enough.

I might try either getting a white no base LED in #74 or seeing if there is one of those multi LED bulbs that is a #74 to give a little more extra light.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Just thought I'd post this, maybe it will help.
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

It lists all the lights on the Contour and what's needed

Adrian 1999 CSVT, Tropic Green #1925/2760 Bosal Exhaust / B&M Shifter / Quad projector 4300K HID
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Guntaker:
Just thought I'd post this, maybe it will help.
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

It lists all the lights on the Contour and what's needed

1. Link does not work.
2. Sylvania is missing bulbs on that list.
3. Sylvania has wrong information listed.
4. We are looking for aftermarket replacements for factory bulbs.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You know what that vanity light looks like to me?

The door handle lights on pre98s... they were tiny and dipped in green to give off the color.

Couldn't find replacements anywhere, so I put blue LEDs in my 96GL...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Ok, I need to make corrections to what I posted about the map lights. This is getting to be a huge pain so far but I know in the end it will pay off.

I found out today by accident that the Polarg bulbs I listed for the map lights are incorrect. I needed to find one more bulb today, which was my Mystique rear dome light. Removing the bulb, found it marked 12814. Searching for 12814 immediately turned up 2 Polarg bulb types.

L-07 (Convex lens) and M-17 (Standard lens). Well if you saw, I posted the M-17 as the bulb replacement for the map lights. Well looking at the 2 bulbs side by side, it's obvious both locations will not take the same bulbs.

The map lights according to Sylvania are 64111 but the bulb itself is labeled 3886. So far I have not been sucessful finding the map light in a 3886 Polarg. The L-05 (Convex lens) that I posted before saying it will fit, may still be correct. No websites list what bulbs type L-05 is for though. The L-05 looks to be a smaller version of the L-07, so it may still work. But the M-17 is definitely not going to work for the map light.

The search continues tonight.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
this is a brain teaser. If you come up w/ the right #'s tonight let us know. I'm going to be researching myself. I'm hoping to order the rest of the bulbs this week.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Ok, I didn't find the correct bulbs for the map lights yet but I did find something better for the dome light and trunk light.

The dome and trunk according to Sylvania call for a 6411, which we found out can use a Polarg M-28 bulb (length of a 6418 bulb), but the tabs have to be bent to closer to grab the smaller bulb. Well the M-28 measure 1.5" long. The M-16 measures 1.25" and the M-88 measure 1.75". Since the M-28 is slightly too small, the M-88 will be the correct length for the dome and trunk light.

So instead of installing a smaller M-28 for the dome and trunk, I'm going with the M-88.

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
good choice. Either will work but if you dont want to bend the tabs a bit then thats you best bet.

I wish manufacturers would be consistent w/ the bulb colors. There is super white, hyper white, plasma white, and then depending on the manufacturer the color varies even if they are the same color white. And then trying to find 1 brand w/ all the bulbs in the same color to keep it consistent.

I just want all my interior lighting to be around 4200-4300k so that they match my headlights. A nice crisp HID looking white. Is that too much to ask

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
good choice. Either will work but if you dont want to bend the tabs a bit then thats you best bet.

I wish manufacturers would be consistent w/ the bulb colors. There is super white, hyper white, plasma white, and then depending on the manufacturer the color varies even if they are the same color white. And then trying to find 1 brand w/ all the bulbs in the same color to keep it consistent.

I just want all my interior lighting to be around 4200-4300k so that they match my headlights. A nice crisp HID looking white. Is that too much to ask

Yup, exactly why I'm trying as best as possible to stay with only Polarg. I don't want to mix brands and colors.

I'm doing it for the same reason as you also. I'm picking up HIDs within this month and want everything matching.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard