Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1609183 07/13/06 12:42 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by APT:
Originally posted by ElKy:
if one of those trucks belonged to you, you would be pissed if you cam out and saw that some parked 2" away from you.

Nothing like buying a new $50k+ vehicle (price out any dualy with diesel) and getting beaters parked next next to you. Sometimes you have no choice of where to park and most beater owners/drivers don't cause damage to other vehicles. It still worries the owners of nicer vehicles.

Nothing like a-holes who think they can take up more than one parkin spot just because they drive an expensive and/or nice car. That's just asking for body damage IMHO.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
#1609184 07/13/06 12:46 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Pigeon:
if one of those trucks belonged to you, you would be pissed if you cam out and saw that some parked 2" away from you.

Nothing like buying a new $50k+ vehicle (price out any dualy with diesel) and getting beaters parked next next to you. Sometimes you have no choice of where to park and most beater owners/drivers don't cause damage to other vehicles. It still worries the owners of nicer vehicles.

Nothing like a-holes who think they can take up more than one parkin spot just because they drive an expensive and/or nice car. That's just asking for body damage IMHO.

Scott

he said they were duallies, they barely fit in parking spaces without the driver trying to take up more than one space.
and seeing as there were two parked next to each other, they probably parked that way so combined they only took up 3 spaces instead of 4.

sometimes the vehicle just doesnt fit in the space nicely.
my hearse will overhange the end of a parking space by at least 2-3 feet. and that makes me an a-hole for parking that way.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#1609185 07/13/06 12:52 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by effblooC2:
to me, cell phones are not for long, drawn out conversations.
I've never liked owning one, but I've used it in emergency situations and such, so that's the only reason I keep it around.
If I really wanted to talk to someone for a long time, I'd go meet up in person.

Exactly. I haven't had a conversation on my cell phone for longer than 6 minutes since my last girlfriend.

Quote:

If it's long distance and I know it might turn out to be a long conversation, I'll use the cell phone only because of the cheaper rates, rather than my home phone, but that's a rare situation.

I don't even have a home phone!

Quote:

It amazes me to see all the teenage girls yapping incessantly on their phones. I just don't see a need for having a phone permanently attached to your ear when you're a kid.
And they'll all be doing it while they're hanging in a group of other kids. WTF! "hey, let's all get together to spend time with each other so we can call all kinds of other people that aren't here"

You should see Japan. I was there in '02 for a short while and EVERYONE had a cellphone! I don't care if they were 10 or 100, every bloody person had one. And they had some cool ones too!

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1609186 07/13/06 01:39 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I agree in HS cell phones are stupid but after that they become very important. My wife and I don't even have a home phone, what the point. We can make our long distance calls for free and it has all the services of a home-phone plus portability.

There is definitely an ediquette to be followed, and those that don't happens to be way too many!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1609187 07/13/06 01:43 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

i was driving my ranger (at the time a show truck) and i purposely parked way out in the middle of nowhere.. when i came back out there was a complete beater parked directly beside me. Mind you we are at least 80 yards from the front of the store. I was so friggin angry i wanted to kick their door in. But i thought otherwise and just bent their antennea into a pretzel

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
#1609188 07/13/06 01:52 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F

get an edge spot, hug the edge, even if someone parks next to you, as long as they're inside their lines, their doors can't hit yours.

People who purposely park next to someone to supposedly teach them a lesson for parking their nice car far away are jerks.
But doesn't it make you a hypocrite if you eff with their vehicle to retaliate?
I mean come on, you parked far away because you don't want your ride to get messed with, and then you go and mess with someone else's property anyway.

be the better man and just walk away.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1609189 07/13/06 02:12 PM
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by effblooC2:
People who purposely park next to someone to supposedly teach them a lesson for parking their nice car far away are jerks.

I literally don't understand what people are trying to "teach" in this instance. "How dare you make me look at your nice car that is parked far away! I'm going to park next to you! Vengeance is mine!!" This is one of those things that isn't just weird, it's evidence that there are aliens living among us

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
#1609190 07/13/06 02:13 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
It never fails that no matter how far out you park, someone will park next to you!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1609191 07/13/06 02:14 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i just hold the fact that people can't drive nor park so they use the car to line up with so that they can park ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
#1609192 07/13/06 02:29 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I never parked my car far away. Never concerned me enough to do it.

In all the time I've owned my car, never got a single ding or scratch on it from someone.

Until.........about 2 weeks ago, went to Friendly's with some friends, it was pouring rain out. Went inside to find out the line was a mile long and we had to be at the movies in like 45 mins. So we skipped it and decided on McDonalds. I ran to my car to bring it around to pick up my g/f at the front because of the heavy rain. I got in my car and started it and sat for min. to clear the windows. While I was waiting, some lady parks on the side of my car when I was about to back out. I figure I'll wait because she isn't paying attention and would probably hit her door while backing out. She gets out her door no problem. Opens the back door for her kid and slams it into my rear door.

I was furious and yelled "THATS REAL FU*KING NICE!!" but she didn't hear me because all the windows were up plus the rain. I didn't even confront her about it because it would not have been worth the hassle.

In the rain, I would of never saw any marks on the door, I had no umbrella and would of been soaked for the movies, I was already late to eat, and my g/f was standing at the door wondering why the hell I was taking so long. And I didn't want to argue with her in front of her little kid either.

Anyways, on topic......I have no problem with cell phones in general. In todays generation, they are becoming more and more important but people abuse them. If you can't drive and talk on the phone, don't do it, please. Some people have no coordination when on the phone. Also, full out conversations while out in public is just retarded. No need to walk into a store talking loud enough for people to hear you in China, while you talk about who your babys daddy is. NO ONE CARES!! GET OFF THE PHONE!

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard