I was destined to own a Contour. Even had a journal entry from 8th grade stating how I wanted one (even when at the time I barely knew anything about them, and promptly forgot when I was actually looking for cars).

Went car shopping with Dad shortly after I got my licence. Something with four doors and a floor-shifter (hate column shifters!) automatic. Found a few, including a promising '97 Altima from Riverside Mitsubishi (any NE-CEGer can tell you about this place and why I'm VERY GLAD I didn't buy a car from them - article!!!!!!) but the price was too high. Took a look at a '00 Contour SE and liked it but the salesman from this Ford dealership was being rather rude to me. Found the '98 loaded SE at another Ford dealership and loved it - better price, better salesman, better car. Parents brought it home March 9, 2001. I registered on CEG shortly after my mom discovered the website, and asked the community a few newbie questions about my car. I had been a member of some e-mail lists for several years, but this was the first bulletin-board forum I'd ever registered on. First posts were something about the fuel pump and the crappy headlights - they're still in the Archives actually.