Back in 2000, I graduated High School. Instead of jumping into college, I landed a pretty good drafting job, but it was a ~40 minute drive from home. I was driving my 93 Taurus SHO that had a bunch of miles, and wasn't proving to be the most reliable car in the world.
I didn't have any credit, coming out of High School with no credit cards or loans. I finally talked my Grandpa into co-signing a loan for me, and he was open to the idea of me buying what I wanted. At the time, what I had my eyes on, were LS1 Trans Am WS6's. I told him I found the one I wanted(Peuter, 18" Y2K Vette wheels all around, Borla exhaust, B&M shifter. Drove 3 hours with my girlfriend at the time, to test drive the car. It was perfect.
On the way home, I call my Grandpa to let him know I found the car I want to buy. Evidently, he had a change of heart, and didn't want me getting into something RWD, and with that much power. So I was back at the starting blocks. I looked through Auto & RV's, trying to get an idea of what I wanted. Saw a used CSVT for sale, and thought I'd look around locally for one. I was going to look for a used one, drive it for a while, and then buy the WS6 down the road. Went to the local Ford dealership, and there sat, a brand new black CSVT. It was the only color I was interested in.
So the next day, I head up there with my Mom and Brother. We test drive the car, and right then, I knew it had to be mine. It had 260 miles on the car, and they wanted $19,999.00 which was their "no-haggle price." So I traded in the SHO, and drove off in the SVT that next day.
So, since August 21, or 2000 I haven't been able to part with this car. It's paid off, it's reliable, and flat out fun to drive. Everytime I do something to it, whether it be an upgrade, or just something maintenance related, it feels like a brand new car again. I still love walking out to my garage, after almost 6 years of ownership, and getting into my baby.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq