Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1607815 07/14/06 01:50 AM
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Click the link in my sig, go to the last page and then page backwards to my last pictoral writeup ... I documented how I ran my battery relocation and Warmonger chimes in with how he ran his differently and why. Good info, check it out.

Good link. I'll have to try to find wire that fat. Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell? Also how do you actually connect the stock (+) line to the one that you bought? If you have any pictures of that connections I'd like to see. If not you could just tell me and I could see. I just have never followed the (+) to where it goes. I know wher the (-) goes (not that exciting) but where does the (+) got to? I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

Thanks again for the link.

#1607816 07/14/06 03:29 AM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 3.0L Cougar:
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Click the link in my sig, go to the last page and then page backwards to my last pictoral writeup ... I documented how I ran my battery relocation and Warmonger chimes in with how he ran his differently and why. Good info, check it out.

Good link. I'll have to try to find wire that fat. Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell? Also how do you actually connect the stock (+) line to the one that you bought? If you have any pictures of that connections I'd like to see. If not you could just tell me and I could see. I just have never followed the (+) to where it goes. I know wher the (-) goes (not that exciting) but where does the (+) got to? I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

Thanks again for the link.

I'll get some pictures this weekend hopefully as I'm going to clean things up under the hood of my car since my fuse box is just flapping around down there. Basically, you take all the positive wires that are currently under the hood ... 1 large one that attaches to the battery and you can either cut the clamp off the end and crip the two together or connect them with a fuseable link.

#1607817 07/14/06 11:13 AM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Quote:

Good link. I'll have to try to find wire that fat. Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell?

It depends on which wire you get and the outside jacket. The stuff I have is very bendable. I've seen some that are horribly stiff.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
#1607818 07/17/06 03:28 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell?

If you get welding cable, it'll be very flexible. I had no problems running my 1/0 welding cable and routing it around stuff. Bends pretty well.

I'll put holes in him!!
#1607819 07/17/06 04:52 PM
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by SvtTour98.5-3:
Is that wire very bendable or is it stiff as hell?

If you get welding cable, it'll be very flexible. I had no problems running my 1/0 welding cable and routing it around stuff. Bends pretty well.

Ok, I have to try some of that. Where do you get welding cable from? Would home depot maybe have it?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard