Originally posted by arin:
i wanted to clear it up that I'm wondering about the 100k mileage vehicles.. If you car has 40k then it might be a little different.... But, thanks for responses so far.

Get one that's been obviously taken care of.

If not, you're in for a lot of overdue maintenance that could affect reliability.

BTW, due to the original owner putting a S/C and drag racing a lot (with a bad rebuild), my tranny died at 80K-something miles with a full professional (TH) rebuild necessary.

However, my poorly-maintained-from-the-get-go 96 GL with the Zetec/ATX gave me ~40K miles of hard driving without dying, for the most part. It had a tantrum where it would eat an alternator every week (7 total), but that cleared up and it was good to go.

As soon as I bought the car it needed a timing belt. It had 114K miles on it, and I assume it was the original since it was slapping the cover. That's probly the most $ I spent on the car (and it was done by my brother and I in his garage).

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V