Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by SniperUML:
I just recently acquired a 1999 Contour SE, I am looking to mods to both interior and exterior. I am looking to change the gauge cluster that I have to an 99 SVT cluster with a tach. Do i need to do anything different or can I just throw in the new cluster? Or will I need a whole new circuit board and mounting panel? Also how difficult would it be?

For a 99 SE, just swap with a 98.5-00 SVT cluster and you are all set. No modification, but IIRC, if your car did not come with a tach, you will need to run a signal wire for it.

no contour with a V6 didnt come with a tach, if you got a V6 you have a tachometer. sounds like his 99se has a zetec, which means he has to find a gauge cluster from a 98.5-00 Contour Sport (zetec) you can tell if its for an I4 because there is a little "4" underneath the tachometer on that cluster, plus the redline goes to 6500 RPM's as opposed to 6750., which is kind of rare.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?