Hey i had this same problem with the intermediate shaft. *&^%$^ thing fused itself to the bearing race in the trans. To make it piss me off that much more, this trans and shaft were only in the car for about 5 miles before the trans broke again and top speed was probably 48 mph.

The first time I took it out the car had 142,000 on it, I bounced off that 160 mph mark on the speedometer more than a few times, and it just fell out after i took the 2 bolts out. That was after the differential broke.

SO I go to buy a shaft from ford and they tell me quite happily that the part has been discontinued and they cannot locate one. So i call up 3 more ford dealerships with the same result.

JUNKYARDS! Yes the lovely junkyards around here don't seem to believe that contours came with manual transmissions. I feel like beating the hell out of a bunch of innocent bystanders.

So where can I get one? MORE IMPORTANTLY if i manage to get one... why did this happen and how can I prevent it. I'm not like all you guys with all your, what seems like 'millions of dollars coming out of my ass' and the 1700 I dumped into this transmission is a one shot deal. Well, right now its a no shot deal because I can't locate an intermediate shaft.

Any help would be appreciated.