Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Pop them off and do what with them?I thought the cables might have already been popped off thats why my shifter doesn't select any gears.Idk though you guys are more of any expert than me.

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
You where supposed to check BOTH ends the cables to make sure they where connected to their respective "nubs/nipples". As for the car getting stuck in gear and being sloppy, my car did just that ... I fully stand by my assertion that it's a sheared tower bolt!

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/12/06 12:30 AM.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by fastcougar:
You where supposed to check BOTH ends the cables to make sure they where connected to their respective "nubs/nipples". As for the car getting stuck in gear and being sloppy, my car did just that ... I fully stand by my assertion that it's a sheared tower bolt!

Yea, what he said. Check where I said to in my last post, drivers side wheel, look in there and you'll see em. Also check by your shifter (in car) under the center console. If they are all attatched then your tower bolt snapped.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by fastcougar:

No need to get angry......thanxs for the info, I understand what i am supposed to be looking for.I hope its not the shifter tower bolt!

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
"fastcougar" If it was the shifter bolt wouldn't it have traveled through my tranny and reached my diff. and borken that apart?Because I was about a mile or two away from my house when this happened and I limpedit home and the tranny def. had time to "circulate" the bolt.Just a thought.tell me what you think?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Not necessarily, mine didn't when it broke

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Really?I was hoping that would eliminate the bolt being broken...O well I am going to try to solve this problem tomarrow.I will keep you guys posted,for those of you who care.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
there is a magnet somewhere on the bottom of the tranny. my bolt was stuck to that. went right past all the gears and sat right down there. make sure you get everything out. im assuming your talking about the selector shaft, they used a lock washer but no locktite. make sure to use a new lock washer and some locktite when u put that thing back together.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by TRicker:
they used a lock washer but no locktite. make sure to use a new lock washer and some locktite when u put that thing back together.

More rubbish info! There is no lockwasher on the
vertical shaft bolt.Use the correct Ford part which
CAN be had at the dealer...It is a 'tri-lobe' self
locking design.Get your facts straight before leading
others astray with incorrect information on the MTX75!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
on the one that holds the gear selector? yes there is, i still have pics of it. unless your talking about a different bolt, there is a lockwasher on it. let me find the pics

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard