Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I forgot to mention that I still have either 2nd or 3rd gear its not like I can't move,I just can't shifter into any other gears,would this still be my shifter tower bolt?or just My short shifter broken?
I'm waiting for a call back from my mechanic,I'll let you guys kno if you were correct.

Well that would have been fricking helpfull for you to point out before!
Sounds now like you broke one of the shift cables OR the end popped off the transmission side or even shifter mechanism side.

Stick with diagnosing the problem by jacking up the car and pulling the drivers wheel off. Use jackstands. Have someone sit in the car and shift the shifter fore/aft and see what is moving. THen have them move is left/right and see if it is still moving or not. Once you identify the area by the fore/aft movement then you can see there is a second lever with a cable next to that one. If it isn't moving but it is still hooked up it is the cable of at the shifter. If it is a cable end moving but no lever moving then the end is bad and it came off. If everything is moving correctly but you still can't shift to other gears then you are screwed and need to go back where you had the transmission done and make them fix it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black