Thanks to all for the congrats. I cannot keep from smiling as I drive down the street. People have actually been looking at me like I am a "Special Needs" individual who should not be driving. I am very glad I took my car straight to the dynojet to be tuned, it was worth every penny.

111r - I am very sorry but I forgot your name. I got the motor from an All-Ford junkyard in Orange County - it is a 2003 that started life in a Mercury Sable.

I was a little worried about the condition because it had 43,000 miles on it (not sure how the previous owner maintained it) but all of my concerns were gone when we took it apart. It was so clean inside I thought the junkyard made a mistake and gave me a new engine. I probably did not have to, but we replaced all of the bearings. The gaskets, of course, were all replaced and I went with a brand new oil pan and pickup from the Escape - the tranny bolts right in no problem, the windage tray from the 03 3L is the most recent one (according to my Ford parts guy) so there was one thing I did not have to replace. My brother - a fabricating wunderkind as it turns out, I knew he was smart (engineer for a non-Ford domestic car company) but wow - did the port matching of the 3L heads and also polished the exhaust ports. I also upgraded the clutch to a Spec Stage 3 (a little bit of a learning curve with this for street driving, but I am sure the sacrifice will be worth it when I get on the track and when I start to make more power) and a Fidanza Flywheel.

Question - has anyone on CEG put the all-wheel drive from a baby Jaguar in their 3L yet? I do not think that the 3L Jag had a manual transmission option, but I believe the 2.5L did. Any thoughts or guidance on this would be great.

I seem to really enjoy spending money on my car.

2000 Silver CSVT #1429 Born 1/10/00 Reborn w/3L @ 11:42pm on 7/4/2006