Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Like I said before...

I can't wait until I get a MazdaSpeed6. 2.3L turbo stock. The stock turbo is a tiny K04, but get that swapped out with a GT3071. 450HP at 22psi.

AWD turbo 4 cylinder. Just look at what the Lancer and EVO guys are already doing.

Unfortunately there was no AWD Contour. Maybe a Mondeo but I've never seen one.

BP

they made the mondeo 4x4 only up to 96. and they didnt make too many of them. if you could buy one cheap and have it shipped over i bet you could have an awd contour with little modification.

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
L
CEG road warrior
OP Offline
CEG road warrior
L
Like I said before...

I can't wait until I get a MazdaSpeed6. 2.3L turbo stock. The stock turbo is a tiny K04, but get that swapped out with a GT3071. 450HP at 22psi.

AWD turbo 4 cylinder. Just look at what the Lancer and EVO guys are already doing.

BP

Most mildly modded Evos are around 350-400 hp.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by striker2:
Like I said before...

BP

they made the mondeo 4x4 only up to 96. and they didnt make too many of them. if you could buy one cheap and have it shipped over i bet you could have an awd contour with little modification.

I would say think again... sure the parts at the wheels would be a pretty much direct bolt on, but Im pretty sure the chassy itself would be rediculiously different.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

Im sure the Single digit hondas are hardly street legal.

there's lots of full interior STREET LEGAL 9 second civics out there.

Thank you.

Hopefully ill have traction issues figured out by next spring (albeit with a duratec)

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I decided to start a new thread considering this one was getting pretty huge.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Pretty cool comparison. They may look similar but boy is there a difference.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Whats the best way and realitively cheap way to get 250-300 HP out of the Zetec 4cyl? I figured a new intake, what about a turbo or super? Any ideas?

1999 Contour SE, Zetec 4cly. CAI with stock air box, velocity stacks on CAI, optimized HP exhaust headers. Goal: HP somewhere around 175-225. Stock look. Nice interior.
L
CEG road warrior
OP Offline
CEG road warrior
L
Turbo and with that: full exhaust, intake, fuel (pump and injectors), and a tune.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
What do you recommend for a turbo? Along with fuel parts? For the new air intake, do you recommend a cold air intake? Or should I go with the self mod-ed intake that SleepZ posted? Whats the difference? (besides the cold air) Whats the power increase with it? How bout a underdriven pully system? New cam gears?

I am looking to do this one part at a time type thing. When I get the $ saved up I will buy it and then install. I will probably be doing the turbo last. Oh one last thing, whats the increase in fuel economy with this stuff?

Last edited by SniperUML; 07/14/06 11:48 AM.

1999 Contour SE, Zetec 4cly. CAI with stock air box, velocity stacks on CAI, optimized HP exhaust headers. Goal: HP somewhere around 175-225. Stock look. Nice interior.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SniperUML:
Looking to increase HP to about 200-220, ideas that are affordable for a college student?

I agree with everyone else. The only affordable way to get 200-220HP is either with a turbo or supercharger.

For now, the easy cheap upgrades are...
SlepperZ intake
K&N replacement Filter
Crank UDP

For power you would want either a...

Jackson Racing (JRSC) Focus SVT M62 Supercharger

OR

GT28RS Turbocharger

OR

T3 Super60 Turbocharger

All of those will get you into the 200+ wheel HP region. The JRSC M62 supercharger would be the easiest to install. It is practically a bolt on, especially for your '99 Contour. They can also be found in the "For Sale" secions on the Focaljet forums and Focus Fanatics forums.

Currently putting a turbo on a Contour is a DIY project. Myself and two others are working on putting a tubo on their 'tours. I'm hoping to get a header adapter and downpipe made up so that others will have a much easier time.

You will still need 42# injectors, a Mustang GT or Lightning Mass Air Flow sensor, upgraded fuel pump, and proper tuning to make it all work.

Also, welcome to the CEG!

Please read through all of the stickies at the top of this forum and use the Search feature. All of these questions have been asked before.

Later,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard