Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well the 2.3L duratec has pretty short runners. The duratec cosworth intake has a airhorn type setup. Check this out.

We have much longer runners than that. Makes for a torque-ier setup.

It's be interesting to compare an intake manifold gasket from each. The problem with putting a duratec manifold on is that the intake would be on the passenger side. You'd have to extend your throttle and cruise cables.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
....soon I will be installing a GT42R with a 2.3L stroker.....

Good lord!!!!! A GT42R!?! That's gonna have some insane lag. You're going to have to hit it with some nitrous to make it streetable. ...but it is still awesome...

I can't wait until I get a MazdaSpeed6. 2.3L turbo stock. The stock turbo is a tiny K04, but get that swapped out with a GT3071. 450HP at 22psi.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
L
CEG road warrior
OP Offline
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
....soon I will be installing a GT42R with a 2.3L stroker.....

Good lord!!!!! A GT42R!?! That's gonna have some insane lag. You're going to have to hit it with some nitrous to make it streetable. ...but it is still awesome...

I can't wait until I get a MazdaSpeed6. 2.3L turbo stock. The stock turbo is a tiny K04, but get that swapped out with a GT3071. 450HP at 22psi.

BP

I will probably go with the GT35R.....500-600 is no problem and less lag.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I am going to say it......squeezing any kind of insane power out of Contour will be pointless.

Say you do make 500 hp on you Zetec. Which will require around 30 psi. Engine right away, even built up, is going to liability. The car doesn't hook up, so you have to put slicks or drag radials. You start breaking driveshafts. It would go on and on...

Unless you have ALOT of disposable income doing all of this....

With all that being said....I would love to see someone do this. Not 500 HP but a 300-350 HP turbo Zetec. It would be reliable, wouldn't have to run too much boost, and more than likely would be faster than a Duratec Contour with the same power.

Couldn't agree with you more hector as cool as it would be to get that much power out of a Zetec MTX contour, its just stupid. I think there is a point where there is too much power for all cars. Yeah, there has been people on here with SVT's who have pushed 400 WHP. which is awesome, but cant really achieve much better then a 13.7 or 13.8 in the quarter (someone correct me if I am wrong). For a couple of reasons, one being the upgraded CV joints for the contour blow, and always break due to wheel hop, which brings me to my next point... Wheel hop, traction. You cant for the life of you get any traction worth balls out of a FWD car.

Personally a good number to shoot for in a Zetec contour is about 250-290 Whp. Im sure it can be done with 10-15 lbs of boost out of a turbo and lightly built motor. The combination of light boost and built up zetec + trannie would make a reliable and powerful fun car.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
No traction on FWD cars?

Tell that to all the single digit FWD hondas.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
No traction on FWD cars?

Tell that to all the single digit FWD hondas.

Yeah, its doable... on a Honda, because the aftermarket is avliable for it. Yes, I know that single digits have been done on hondas with extensive modification, recockulious weight reductions, and extremely big drag radials. Im sure the Single digit hondas are hardly street legal.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

Im sure the Single digit hondas are hardly street legal.

there's lots of full interior STREET LEGAL 9 second civics out there.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
L
CEG road warrior
OP Offline
CEG road warrior
L
It all comes down to one thing: HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU WANT TO SPEND? Anything is possible with enough money. I am saying to enjoy the car fully, lower power (250-300 hp) on your FWD is the way to go.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
It all comes down to one thing: HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU WANT TO SPEND? Anything is possible with enough money. I am saying to enjoy the car fully, lower power (250-300 hp) on your FWD is the way to go.

What about AWD?

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Like I said before...

Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

AWD turbo 4 cylinder. Just look at what the Lancer and EVO guys are already doing.

Unfortunately there was no AWD Contour. Maybe a Mondeo but I've never seen one.

BP

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard