Originally posted by BrApple:
Silverstar 893 fog lamp bulbs, they lasted all of about 20 to 30 hours of time, installed in january, didn't really driv ethe car until SZ05, one burned out in Indiana and the other about a week or so later. The color of the lights was good but they melted my fog lamps ... but maybe that was the 14 hours straight that they where on driving to SZ

I did notice that when I got stock replacement fog lamps that the GE bulbs had round tops where the Silverstar ones where pointed

About 3 months after I bought my SVT, my first fog light burned out. When I pulled it out, I noticed right away that it was a 50W lamp.

Since I have Silverstar high/lows, I went with the Silverstar 893s (like 20 something watts) to match. Since then, I've gone through 3 sets of them with 1 currently out.

When I go to replace them, I think I'm going to upgrade the whole setup (maybe some 510 ions?)

----------

Oh, and I guess my worst mod ever was the S&H guage faces. To install them, I ended up destroying the stock faces while peeling them off. That night I noticed how crappy the white S&H faces light up, especially on the Km/h part (which is obviously just a little important on a continent that has long since embraced the metric system!)

So the fix? I had to buy a guage cluster out of the classifieds. Finally got that ordeal fixed tonight by changing my speedometer/odometer guts into the new cluster. Finally good to go!

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 06/28/06 02:48 AM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V