Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
All the doors seem to be ok. Somehow he managed to dent the right side of my rear bumper without touching the doors. I havent gotten to look under the hood to see what kind of damage was done, but I'm hoping the engine and headers (along with most everything else) is alright.

I'm not even sure what the official value of my car is, but when I hit a deer a year or so ago it caused over 4k in damage and it wasn't totalled.

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by elraido:
you guys consider that totalled? Geez, mine was MUCH worse then that and I was able to fix it myself. I will buy it from you, so I can finally have a SVT.

Are you kidding me! Deer damage and frame damage ae two totally different animals That baby is out of commission.

Sorry about your loss man, i'd buy her back and swap the goodies into a blown SVT. It's probably the best bet unless they some how deam it fixable.

Did you see how bad the radiator support was damaged on my car? It pushed the radiator support to within a couple of inches of the engine. Raditor sprung a leak like a siv. You can easily fix that in a couple of weekends of work (minus painting and stuff)

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Sorry to see the car like that, but I'm happy your ok

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
T
Oh Jeez. Im feel for you. Hope everything turns out okay.

Jessica
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Sorry to see that happen.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J

Did you see how bad the radiator support was damaged on my car? It pushed the radiator support to within a couple of inches of the engine. Raditor sprung a leak like a siv. You can easily fix that in a couple of weekends of work (minus painting and stuff)

Listen...hitting a deer from the front and rolling your rad support back is a crapload different that getting broadsided as bad as he did. I am glad he is fine...but that car is done. From the looks of the pics...the subframe is shifted....it will never be the same......so if they fix it be preparred for it to drive different....it may be noticeable or it may not....but that is alot more damage than meets the eye.....trust me...I have wrecked a few cars in my day

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Judge:

Listen...hitting a deer from the front and rolling your rad support back is a crapload different that getting broadsided as bad as he did. I am glad he is fine...but that car is done. From the looks of the pics...the subframe is shifted....it will never be the same......so if they fix it be preparred for it to drive different....it may be noticeable or it may not....but that is alot more damage than meets the eye.....trust me...I have wrecked a few cars in my day

AGREED 1000%

Having JUST pulled a motor out of a lightly wrecked SVT...I know what will total these cars out. His is dead for sure.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
As Bad as it is for you, Just think of me crashing my 996 into a guardrail 3 months after I got it.................

My $18,000 one car accident, teepeed hood, broken $1000 a piece headlights, busted fenders,radiators and $2500 aero nose!

Hang in, either it'll be fixable or it won't. You are OK and you'll get over it eventualy.

Sorry man............

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
As Bad as it is for you, Just think of me crashing my 996 into a guardrail 3 months after I got it.................

My $18,000 one car accident, teepeed hood, broken $1000 a piece headlights, busted fenders,radiators and $2500 aero nose!

Hang in, either it'll be fixable or it won't. You are OK and you'll get over it eventualy.

Sorry man............

go ahead and rub it in...you have a 996 Porsche and we don't.....bastid......everytime I see thos enumbers I think Ducati......

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
#1595862 07/03/06 11:07 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The body shop manager told me the car was borderline totalled with about $4800.00 in damages, but he also said that it could be fixed, too. The problem is who knows if it can be fixed good enough to drive like it used to. I chose to have it totalled for this reason and because I would never get a higher amount for the car later on, especially after an accident of this magnitude. The insurance company hasn't yet told me how much I will be getting for my car, or if I will get any money back for the upgrades on it. I do have all of the receipts for the parts so we'll see what happens.

The below pictures are from a few days ago when I went to get the rest of my belongings and sound system out of it. I reset the fuel shut-off switch in the driver's side footwell and tried to start the car, and it didn't do anything It seriously brought tears to my eyes, like the car itself was dead and soul-less I just wanted to hear that beautiful V6 exhaust note one last time.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I will buy it back to part it out since I still don't know how much I'll have to pay for it, but I'll keep you guys updated about it.

Here are the pictures (High-Res available):

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard