Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVT:
This:

It happened today at about 8:15 a.m. (at the intersection of Plymouth and Farmington for the fellow SEMI'ers). I know the pics are crappy but I only had a camera phone with me. I was making a left and a kid ran the red light and hit me . We're both ok, and the airbags didn't go off or anything, but I fear the car is going to be totalled. Fortunately there was a witness (who was behind him right before the accident) who stopped to help me out, and the police ended up making him at fault and gave him a ticket for running a red light.

It's such a shame. I just got the car running again not even 2 months ago after I was without it for roughly 9 months. I had blown the original 2.5L engine and swapped in a 3L with all the goodies, and have barely gotten to enjoy it . I have so many thoughts going through my head, on top of being sad/mad/disappointed/upset/frustrated all at the same time. I almost teared up when I watched my car get towed away severely wounded.

I really really hope it'll get fixed, because I have no idea what I would do. If it gets totalled I might try to buy the car back and at least get the engine and trans out of it. I don't want a new car because I just paid off the CSVT literally 2 weeks ago and don't want more monthly payments. Anyways, I guess it's just time to sit and wait for the insurance to call with the verdict on my car

I know kinda exactly how you are feeling. I had just supercharged my GTi VR6 (www.vf-engineering.com if interested)so it was running 280 at the crank. No more than 3 weeks after I got it running perfectly did I total it.

Only difference? My fault. Still haunts me and it was almost two years ago.