Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by weargle:
That's not the hitch's fault, that's operator error.

x2

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by weargle:
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Since it doesn't seem like you are searching, I did it for you.

Contour hitch

Since the hitch fits the SVT with a small notch in the bumper, it will fit any other model Contour or Mystique with no modifications.

For craps sake, can somebody put this link in a sticky so that people don't cut holes in their bumper?

http://www.rigidhitch.com/pages/pdfs/PAGE-21-24.pdf

It works like a charm with a HF trailer, that's how I trailered tires and tools to events when I autocrossed it. Now I tow it behind a Miata. If a 110 WHP Miata can tow the thing, I know for damn sure that a CSVT can.

When that pic (and the rest in my registry do) you can see it fully sized. Notice the lack of any holes cut.

Trust me. I would of never cut a notch in my bumper. The original owner of my car installed the hitch and did that. Good to know theres one that fits much better.

Also, do you have any better pictures? I can't see any details in that small picture.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
a friend of my family used to tow his quad with a 1983 Firebird!
the quad on the trailer was about 3 feet above the roof of the car!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
hi has anyone put a receiver hitch on their tour? if so where can i get one cheap? im gonna be moving and have a 4x8 trailer like the one from harbor freight i wanna get one that just bolts on i dont have to do any welding. i know its a contour but it's all i got now. let me know thanks.

I have that exact trailer. They are a PIA to put together, but they are a hell of a bargain. I'm thinking of buying them, putting them together, and selling them on my front lawn. You can't beat 'em!!

2002 Nissan Maxima SE Former 2000 SVT Contour owner
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I'd rather put on a hitch receiver and use that to hold a bike mount than strap on one of those mounts that props up against your trunk and bumper. A bike mount on a hitch doesn't run the risk of scratching up your finish.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
hi has anyone put a receiver hitch on their tour? if so where can i get one cheap? im gonna be moving and have a 4x8 trailer like the one from harbor freight

How far are you moving? If you plan on moving everything you have with that small trailer, I'm assuming you don't have a lot to move, or you're planning on making a few trips. You don't have ANY friends with a truck that can help you out? Why not rent a U-haul? You can usually rent a good sized U-haul for the day, make one big trip, and it'll cost ~$60-$70 tops after mileage. I don't know what a hitch costs, but it has to be more than renting a truck.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard