Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
if you wanna see bad. I saw a evo 8 with a large trailer fully loaded with a cargo hauler on top of the car on the NJ GSP back in may. I wanted to pull his butt over and take his car away from him. I do believe sports cars and tours NEVER SHOULD HAVE TRAILERS OR CARGO PODS ON THE ROOF.

99 Ford Contour SE T Red XM Radio CD/MP3 Player Aftermarket Wheel covers debadged
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
you guys need to lighten up. I'm sorry but i like the idea of a clean a$$ bike behind a clean a$$ SVT but thats just my two cents. if any one that suggested buy a cheap truck can find one for the price of the hitch i'll buy 4 of them

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by excel4600c:
ITs a contour not a D@mn pick-up. Why the hell would you want to put that on a contour . Thats just like when i saw this guys integra with a trailer hitch i wanted to slap his dumb @ss. I got an . Stop being cheap and go find a cheap @ss truck. And save the Contour's tranny

i aint being cheap. trailer only weighs 200 pounds. i bet u wanna slap me know

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
ITs a contour not a D@mn pick-up. Why the hell would you want to put that on a contour . Thats just like when i saw this guys integra with a trailer hitch i wanted to slap his dumb @ss. I got an . Stop being cheap and go find a cheap @ss truck. And save the Contour's tranny

Make sure you pull me over if you see my silver SE towing a silver Triumph Sprint. That is providing you can even keep up. It sounds like you drive it like it's a garage queen?

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
LOL sounds like he is. my damn car if i wanna put a hitch i'll put a hitch.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by jthursby:

Make sure you pull me over if you see my silver SE towing a silver Triumph Sprint. That is providing you can even keep up. It sounds like you drive it like it's a garage queen?

Jim T.

2 cents... and Im not saying dont put a hitch on your car.

My car is driven the way it should be, taken to the strip, often taken to redline, and rips through the corners... But I would still NEVER put a hitch on my SVT. I'd definetely figure out another route.

But like I said, i'm not saying not to. They dont look thatttttttttttt bad.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RawBurt...:
Originally posted by jthursby:

Jim T.

2 cents... and Im not saying dont put a hitch on your car.

My car is driven the way it should be, taken to the strip, often taken to redline, and rips through the corners... But I would still NEVER put a hitch on my SVT. I'd definetely figure out another route.

But like I said, i'm not saying not to. They dont look thatttttttttttt bad.

I understand fully Burt. What gets me is the "it's a damn SVT, treat it like gold!" dimwits. It's not a Lambo for gods sake, it's a six year old (minimum) front wheel drive, four door sedan. Hell I might buy an SVT to cut up for the V8 project instead of using my precious, undinged, not repainted, I bought it new with 37 miles, SE Sport. I understand the purist attitude, but I just don't care! In 20 years do you honestly think there will be a resto shop that specializes in Contours? Not a flippin' chance. Unlike some of the guys here,
(not all) I'm older and I've seen many cars and trends come and go. With the exception of a devout few of us with the money, knowledge, and time, these cars for the most part, WILL die off. So save them if you can, but don't tell me how to save mine!

Jim T

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Since it doesn't seem like you are searching, I did it for you.

Contour hitch

Since the hitch fits the SVT with a small notch in the bumper, it will fit any other model Contour or Mystique with no modifications.

For craps sake, can somebody put this link in a sticky so that people don't cut holes in their bumper?

http://www.rigidhitch.com/pages/pdfs/PAGE-21-24.pdf

It works like a charm with a HF trailer, that's how I trailered tires and tools to events when I autocrossed it. Now I tow it behind a Miata. If a 110 WHP Miata can tow the thing, I know for damn sure that a CSVT can.

When that pic (and the rest in my registry do) you can see it fully sized. Notice the lack of any holes cut.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Once your hitch is on you can always do what I did with my 92 Tarus. Rent a 5x10 enclosed from Uhaul fill it up with dressers and bed stuff then tow it from Camp Pendleton 2 San Diego. There is a hill that doesn't look like much but I only made it about half way up before I go no more. It took a tow strap and an Intrepide to get me up the hill. Between the 2 of us we were able to get up the hill.

99 Contour SE Sport
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
That's not the hitch's fault, that's operator error.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard