Originally posted by APT:
Originally posted by ScottK:
Like Rara pointed out, a good Mech E can easily switch to any disicpline where a good Comp Sci/Eng major would have to bust there behind to ever switch to "real" engineering.

There is a huge difference in the curriculum of computer science and computer engineering degrees. Computer engineering is not that different than electrical, at least when when I got mine (1.5 semesters more). Computer science is/was quite different.

That said, Machanical or Electrical I would say are equal in their teachings of methods that can be applied towards the widest type of work.

Yeah, computer science is wayy different from computer engineering. I consider it basically EE with a dab of programming and a focus on digital design. Sounds pretty "real" to me

At UConn there is Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering(actually they just recently changed the name to Electrical and Computer Engineering.) CS is software design, CSE is mostly software design with some circuitry. CompEngr is Mostly circuitry with some software design. EE is mostly circuitry and no software design. And by no software I mean nothing really after 2 years of the same stuff everyone else takes like two semesters of C++.

Last edited by hotdimmes; 06/22/06 12:14 AM.