Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

I don't create enough "buzz" Pete, no I think it has more to do with not being in the click or being unpopular or maybe, just maybe, trying to damn hard and rubbing people the wron way

speaking from my own experience (i.e. the EOSB last year) i pm'ed every EGL ceg'er i could find about that event, and between making sure we had food and fun planned, i think it worked well. it takes a lot of work to get more than five or so of us together at a time.

"Pick the wrong events", are you serious? IMO the Downriver Cruize is WAAAAY better than the WDC because the traffic flows, the people are nicer and the cops aren't jerks, what else do you need?

bah... come to the north end of the WDC. all the same cars, plus flowing traffic and lax police. hell, the cops will even help put out the burning piles of rubber in the street!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
BTW Pete, you still wanna hit that "fast track" I went to 2 monthes ago Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzz

I am game. I'm just very very busy now!! I have a full time job, a class, and an internship. Plus I still have my car to get straightened out. Had I not JUST been hired...I would've attempted to take the time off.

I wasn't trying to be a d!ck. I love that cruise, but if you g o back to your very first post you even stated: " I haven't heard a lot of you guys talking about this cruise..."

Stop giving us the rolleyes when you really aren't pushing the meet as much as you could. Advertise!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

bah... come to the north end of the WDC. all the same cars, plus flowing traffic and lax police. hell, the cops will even help put out the burning piles of rubber in the street!

Dave, thats where I used to set up our meeting spot, but everyone would say "nothings out there, you need to go to 13 and Woodward!"

Traffic starts backing up on the SB around 11:30 a.m. , so we get to see everything right there. Last year ASC was in the M-B parking lot, so this year I'm looking to set up camp in the bank parking lot as we were good to go there last year, even though it rained!

Pete, I know you have a full plate, obviously and I wasn't calling you out in particular, but I did put up a post for the Downriver Cruize early enough and IIRC, even did an interest check The thing is with stuff like this is simple, I feel it all depends on who's setting the meet up. I just don't have the personality to pull people in, although I've tried in the past, so give me an "A" for effort and BTW, I don't mean to be so "pushy" about things, but I like when everyone gets together to BS and check out some rides

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Roger you've set up BIG meets in the past. Don't be so down on yourself!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Seriously Roger I think you are being too hard on yourself. Maybe I don't really know the inner workings of the EGL CEG, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't go to a meet because you set it up. You are the E in CEG.

Honestly I think that it's mostly the location and timing. For one...I don't know any CEGers that currently live downriver besides myself.

And two, I think maybe we should meet up later in the day. Like if we all met up at around 4, nobody would have to get up early and be tired by mid afternoon. I wouldn't be worried about parking either. Yes the SuperK lot does fill up, but the meijer lot doesn't, nor does the Southgate Ford lot, and they are practically the same location. Most the fun starts in the evening anyways...spectators are drunk by then and drivers are more apt to do some crazy burnouts. Plus after the cruise all the 21+ could hit up a bar after if we went with the later meeting time.

I was thinking about all this yesterday and these are my thoughts. Take them for what they're worth.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by 99SVT:
You are the E in CEG.

Crossfire Enthusiast Group?

I keed, I keed.

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
You know what I'm Done with your crybaby BS.

You know why no one went? Becuase we had other [censored] to do. WHo the [censored] cares about the downriver cruise. jesus [censored] christ!!!!! WHy don't you meet up with your Crossfire croup somewhere? Ohh becuase they have saturday kniting classes!?! Coming on here and complaining just makes us all wanna go to a meet with you even less than we did before!

[censored] get over it. Stop being a [censored] weirdo!

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Just like getting the guys together and hangin' out and checking out the cars, is there a problem with that This cruize is once a year, why wait for it to be cold and snowy out to have a meet where over 10 cars show up, I don't get it. Theres enough people here who've busted their ass' on their cars, why not show em' off, especially when people start asking about them and you tell what their all about it, its great!

I'm not being a cry baby about this at all, I honest think people don't like me, maybe I'm guilty by association and if thats the case its getting worse in here

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
It was my birthday not a fan of sitting out looking at cars on my birthday sorry roger

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I went last year and didnt think it was that fantastic. I honestly dont like having meets at cruises. I dont know, set one up Roger and I'll come... probly be the only one there with a contour too

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard