Spraypainting is easy and you can do a really good job,just take your time. I spraypainted an entire car when I was like 17 and it looked like ass,but then I got a job at a performance shop and I ended up doing lots of paint work on our products and stuff so I learned a lot about painting. I had a '95 Contour V6 and when I removed the door ding mouldings,it peeled off all the clear coat and left a horrible mess. I had plans to have the car properly repainted what would have been this spring,but things happened and the car got junked a couple months ago. Anyways,my doors looked horrible and I had been toying with the idea of a two tone paintjob,so for $50,a week and over 30 hours of labour,I had myself a DIY spraybomb job,and in person it looked pretty good. Scuff the area to be painted with about 220 grit sandpaper,then clean it of and degrease it. Try and feather out any loose paint remaining around the areas to be painted. Start spraying and just do light coats. Wetsand with like 1500 grit between coats to try and get out any impurities or lumps and keep it smooth and clean. Do several coats and let it sit and then again do light coats of clear and wetsand it.

Here's a pic of the spray job around the lower half. Then I used a 1/8" pinstripe to seperate the colour transision.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction