Originally posted by my98SVTturbo:
any one have a universal high flow Magnaflow converter on their SVTC? if so what size fits it and how much of a differnce could i expect in power and sound?

I'm running the 2.5" universal. I'm using the bigger one so I can optimize the y-pipe later and also be able to easily upgrade to a 2.5" exhaust system.

With the SVT we cut the converter ends at an angle to offset the cat like the factory one is and welded the old flange on the front and kept the remaining pipe after the cat that bolts to the rest of the exhaust system. The pipe is 2.25" though so we got a SS 2.5"-2.25" reducer cone from autozone and welded it to the back of the cat. It's a bit tricky getting everything lined up but it fits nice.

There seems to be a bit more grun through the midrange and a little top end. Unless you have access to such tools and can do it yourself I wouldnt recommend it for the slight performance increase vs. the cost of a shop spending a couple of hours doing it. I'd just get a cat back on the car and keep the stock cat. The only reason we did this is because mine got clogged. Hope this helps.

1998 CSVT E0 3L son's car - http://www.cardomain.com/id/svturbo 1998 CSVT E1 (Future 3L) daughters car Get in, sit down ,shut up, hold on