Unless you have a really bad leak, or your on the high side, what does the gauge read? You can close the valve on the tap, and just hook it up with no can and get a pressure reading. But if the valve is open, with no can, your going to let it out of the system, so make sure it's closed, the tap/fill valve that is. The A/C has to be on also, while checking or filling.

My gauge that came with the kit has psi to outside temp. Say at 75degree the system should be at about 35-40psi on the low side.

I don't see why they say to hold the can upright, refrigerant is heavy, and usally will sit in the bottom of the can. What brand 134a charge you using?

I might be charging one of the tours today because it's getting weak. If I do it, I'll snap a little video.

BTW it can take up to 3cans depending, in your case the system being empty maybe 4 or there is a bad leak, and the A/C and car has to be running.

Last edited by jd2-98s; 06/19/06 02:36 PM.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0