Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I think it would impede it more than straight through mufflers. I have to reiterate that my SVT with straight through resonator, and twin straight through magnaflows with headers and a main cat was not too loud, but Just the right mix of rumble and v6 rev sound. At least for me. The guys who liked Rice thought it was too quiet. THe guys who like V8 rumble like it a hell of a lot.
The duratec does have its own distinctive sound when uncorked without being obnoxious.

BTW, how is the car running? Were you able to dyno? How about those top secret mods we were planning from way back when? <lol, you're going to get some questions on this one I promise! sorry bout the publicity >
What about the torque prior to the secondaries opening, and what happens afterwards?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by warmonger:

BTW, how is the car running? Were you able to dyno? How about those top secret mods we were planning from way back when? <lol, you're going to get some questions on this one I promise! sorry bout the publicity >
What about the torque prior to the secondaries opening, and what happens afterwards?

I haven't driven the car much to tell you the truth. I am waiting for my MSDS y-pipe so I have my exhasut all torn apart. I really never got on it because I need to do the oil drainback mod and install my clevite rod bearings.

As far as dynoing I don't know when I will be able to dyno. I live in nebraska so I have very limited options. I currently live about 1 hour away from Lincoln which has a dyno around 48th and Cornhusker. Sadly, In the next 3 weeks or so I will be moving about three hours west to a town of around 25K. Which ironically has the only drag strip in the state (the other strip closed up last year). So you guys just may have to settle for track times.

I didn't have any intention to drag race it. Ever. Drag racing a FWD car is like jerking off with a catchers mit. Yeah you can do it but why? But I guess being that I probably won't be able to dyno it (It's a 4 hour drive to lincoln and even farther to Omaha) I guess I have AAA so if I break a half-shaft...

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
i added a cherrybomb glasspack in-place of the OEM resonator . the car has a deeper sound for a 2.5L ; still not as sweet a sound as a 2.5L Probe GT .

as for the stock mufflers , i kept them as visually they are SMALL ! how restrictive could they be ... which i believe is the consensus of the other posters' here .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard