Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1592518 06/20/06 05:18 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Cueball:
Dude, you might wanna consider changing your tint if it is gonna keep getting you pulled over...

But that doesn't make any sense...

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1592519 06/20/06 05:49 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
That'd be an interesting case study.
To see if they pull him over more for tint where they can't see he's brown, or pull him over more with zero tint where they can see he's brown.

Either way, stereotyping sucks when it happens to one of your own friends. (even if we do bust on him all the time for being brown)

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1592520 06/20/06 06:40 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Your insurance agent or company can pull your complete driving record/tranaction/address change history/vehicle history...... Written and verbal warnings don't show on the transaction history. I'd be curious to know more about this file they showed you. Unless they are building a file on you or just wanted to show you what was available in the registry, they shouldn't have anything printed and filed.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
#1592521 06/21/06 02:11 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SVT:
Your insurance agent or company can pull your complete driving record/tranaction/address change history/vehicle history...... Written and verbal warnings don't show on the transaction history. I'd be curious to know more about this file they showed you. Unless they are building a file on you or just wanted to show you what was available in the registry, they shouldn't have anything printed and filed.

I called my insurance company today and they said they have nothing on my current situation..so i guess im clear on that..i hope

As for tint, im not taking it off because there are numerous cars out there with it and just cause my car appears all black doesnt mean i should particularly pay the price, plus i must cause somthing in order for me to get pulled over which I never do anything to secumb to that. I drive by cops all the time, ALWAYS doing the speed limit and never speeding..

#1592522 06/21/06 02:15 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Cops can pull you over just to check your tint if they want. They use it all the time as probable cause to check if you are drunk.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
#1592523 06/21/06 03:00 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Matt R:
Cops can pull you over just to check your tint if they want. They use it all the time as probable cause to check if you are drunk.

never been drunk driving and also a cop has told me flat out that they dont have the proper tint computer thingy to see what i have, so im not worried about it..

#1592524 06/21/06 03:33 AM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
still don't understand why everyone thinks this was recially motivated? and how could he even see you with your dark dark tints? hey, i wish i could pull the race card next time i get pulled over. too bad what guys are not allowed that luxury.

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
#1592525 06/21/06 11:35 AM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
If Haroon is a marked dude when he travels by air, even within the states, who is to say he's not also marked while he drives?
The potential for this to be racially motivated is there. Whether it's true or not is difficult to prove.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1592526 06/21/06 11:39 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by hmouta:
Originally posted by getsum111:
Sound like B.S. to me. Let us all know what happens when you talk to the Captain. I didn't know it was not legal to have HID headlights. Or did I misunderstand you. Good luck, hope it all works out.

i think if they didnt come on the car from the factory they r illegal. thats why just installing some hids and having the lids all over the place is begging to be pulled over. gotta do it right with projectors to at least make it look oem. same with tint. if a car came with limo tint from the manufacturer i dont think it would be in violation. cops might still pull u over but you'd have to prove it was oem.

You're right. Dark tinting is illegal in CT if is part of the driver's compartment. Limos get away with it becasue there is patition between the driver and passenger compartments. HID lamps, becasue they emit light on the blue end of the visible light spectrum, in some cases depending on manufacturer are not legal either in CT in accordance with the blue light law. However if HID or limo tint is installed in the vehicle by the manufacturer it is legal.

Lio tint, there's no way out of that, if the window is too dark then ots too dark. HIDs though, if youcan do a neat and clean install to make it look like they were made that then you'll probably be able to play it off. But only within reason, I wouldn't be trying to put HIDs into my rusted out 81 Civic though.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1592527 06/21/06 02:17 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
yeah they can pull you over just to check tint.
and i am surprised they told you they dont ahve the proper meter, becasue in that case they have no reason to pull you over for it.
i know that NY staties have the meter!
fuggers!!!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard