Originally posted by BlackE1:
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
The quick list that I whipped up is (of course) the airbags (which busted her windshield )

Bummer man! I've always thought this to be a poor dash design. The windshield is toast if the pass. bag deploys, never mind that a lot of the accidents wouldn't have broken the windshield if not for the 'bag.

Glad you're mom is OK!

Glad to hear you're mom is doing well and hope she gets her car fixed up!!

Many cars are designed this way and it only for your safety, granted in this case the airbags most likely did not need to deploy, but my guess is that this car had gen 1 air bags. If this car had the newer gen 2 airbags then they most likely would not have deployed.

~EDIT~ I think this car did have the gen 2 I think they put it on 98 and new vehicles, from the looks of the damage I don�t understand why the air bags deployed.

I meant that the cover door is a poor design, not the sensitivity of the sensors. If it split open in the middle, so there was a top flap and a bottom flap, then the top might clear the windshield when it blows open, instead of the entire flap swinging up and smacking it. My parts car has the exact same crack pattern from it's airbag deployment.

Eh, moot point anyway. Just something I wish the interior designers had thought about.

I hope the car's repairable! I'd hate to see another contique take a permanent dirt nap.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.