Originally posted by hmouta:
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
I think the offset is the most important factor -- I'm rollin 18x7.5's (45mm offset and 225/40/18 tires) on one of the CSVT's with zero rubbing and had to buy some H&R spacers to get my 19x8's (40mm offset with 235/35/19 tires)to clear the struts and whatnot when turning on the Cougar.. I'm going to attempt to mount them onto my CSVT one day when I get bored, but I anticipate that I will rub as well without a spacer.

thats good to know. i'm looking at a wheel now 18x7.5 42et and i want 225/40. some guys with this wheel brand have rubbed occasionally. maybe having a shop mill the wheel to a 45et would get rid of the rub. but i'll drive on them first and look for rubbing.

nv, so does the cougar rub on the fenders? 8" wide 40et with spacers is basically lowering the offset. 5mm spacers and the wheel effectively has a 35et. just on paper if i was shopping for an 8" 35et i'd expect it to rub like crazy on the fender side. with a 19" i wouldnt want to run less than 235/35, which you r.

for the CSVT with the 18's I also want to note that I did take a hammer and pound the hell outta that rear lip thingy that sticks out.. Zero rubbing and I'm also runnin GC's and ST200 struts. I was really worried and did alot of homework before.. I kept seeing everyone rubbing so you have no clue as to how damned happy I was when I installed and drove around -- Ive currently gotten about 2000 miles on them without any problems.

As far as the Coug I'm not 100% sure that I can be a good reference as we made custom 1 off flares and I got the wheels and the spacers to fill the flares intentionally. Unfortunately when I did install when received (did not have the spacers at the time) I basically burned a channel into my brand new sponsored KDW's from the D ring on the CG's... there is only a few mm's of clearance with the strut and the tire -- I opted to go 15mm spacers in front and 30mm spacers in back -- I still rub a bit when I hit a bumpy patch of road and cannot slam the car due to being wider than my clearance and have already cracked 2 rear flares when the tires smacked up and made contact with the fender.. same with rubbing -- however I don't really rub on the struts anymore with the spacers.

I hope I answered your questions completely, if not let me know and I'll give it a go again

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides