Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
I think the offset is the most important factor -- I'm rollin 18x7.5's (45mm offset and 225/40/18 tires) on one of the CSVT's with zero rubbing and had to buy some H&R spacers to get my 19x8's (40mm offset with 235/35/19 tires)to clear the struts and whatnot when turning on the Cougar.. I'm going to attempt to mount them onto my CSVT one day when I get bored, but I anticipate that I will rub as well without a spacer.

thats good to know. i'm looking at a wheel now 18x7.5 42et and i want 225/40. some guys with this wheel brand have rubbed occasionally. maybe having a shop mill the wheel to a 45et would get rid of the rub. but i'll drive on them first and look for rubbing.

nv, so does the cougar rub on the fenders? 8" wide 40et with spacers is basically lowering the offset. 5mm spacers and the wheel effectively has a 35et. just on paper if i was shopping for an 8" 35et i'd expect it to rub like crazy on the fender side. with a 19" i wouldnt want to run less than 235/35, which you r.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale