Wow, sounds like immigrant Pakistani parents are just like immigrant Chinese parents! Damn, Goonz, you have my sympathies (having gone through this kind of crap many times). Yeah, the money argument always comes up, which is really sad since: a) they think they can buy you off, and b) they think the world revolves around money (hell, my old man called my older brother a 'bad investment' at one point ). Like BrApple said, just grin and bear it -- you're probably going to get some kind of scarring from this (I got good at making myself look busy or avoiding my dad, because once he got wind that I had any little bit of free time, he'd go off on one of his lectures) but trust me you'll emerge with a much stronger character.

BTW, I vote for radiology -- lot of cool toys, and a good field if you like patient contact and the feeling of being part of the care team.

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by BrApple:

yeah I forgot about that ... just stick to what is best for you and they will just have to begin to understand

its really hard to when they throw the whole "we're paying for ur school" sh!t..and they are brown parents.. ahh well, sucks to be them..

Po 1995 Mercury Mystique GS: Zetec 2.0L I-4, CD4E 1978 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau: 351M (5.8L V-8), FMX Coming in 2007 -- 1986 Jaguar XJ12 Sovereign: 5.3L High-Efficiency V-12, GM transmission