Ahem, I am in the same age range and I enjoy my CSVT very much. It was almost sold when I got a new toy in the 05 Saab 9-2X, but I just couldn't do it. After I decided to keep it, I started to spend money on Bosal exhaust, rims, paid UIM/LIM cleaning, intake, got a full detailing job, Roush sway bar, and got BAT kit with Eibach spring yesterday. I know it's just a Contour, however, I still have fun and fondness on it and it really drives well.

I saw younger people driving Audis, BMWs, Infinitis, Lexuses, etc, passing me all the time. Intrigued? yes. Drop my beloved CSVT for one of those? I don't think so. It's not about affordability or even functionality. However, I have past the age that the car is the sole representation of ones status quo.

I told my 6 years old daughter that one day I will teach her how to drive stick in this car. She used to like that idea, but now she points to the Saab and says she want to learn in 'that new cute car'. Well, it will be my 2 years old boy then.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.