Problems: Hesitation under 3k rpms, speedometer often cuts out- low fuel light comes on (common problem on the forum). Speedometer is also off by about 10 mph. Also asked them to do the fuel filler recall (pump hits auto shutoff)

Monday, last week:
Take car in. After a couple of days, they call me telling me that there is a misfire, but they can't tell which cylinder. Also say that the wiring is odd/screwed up. I have a 3L swap, but I'm almost positive that the wiring is completely fine in the car.

Days pass, they cannot determine the problem of the hesitation still. Guy says he will drive it home that night to try to determine the problem.

Today, Monday (a week later), they say I can pick up the car, but will have to return it on Weds. to put the a new Speedometer head in the car. (will this fix the problem?)

I take it for a drive, the car smells like smoke. Like cigarette smoke. Ask the guy I've been dealing with if he had smoked in car. He denys, saying that they smoke only outside the car in the shop. Also says that he put an additive in tank to try to fix hesitation. He suggests that I try to use 87 or 89 fuel, perhaps that will help. Hesitation is still there after 30 miles of driving. A/C works for a bit, then cuts out and is slightly cooler than the outside air. I get home, and find a cigarette on the floor of my car. GRR. Very unprofessional.

ANYWAYS....HERE's the juicy part: guy asks me to pay in cash, under the table ($300). Says something about the mechanics taking lots of time on the car (they went through the wiring, many hours) and he needs to pay them cash...(why? I have no [censored] idea). At first wont give us a receipt, but then prints one out, with the receptionist's name on it.

Thanks for listening...

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L