Hello everyone,

I just brought a 95 Ford Contour GL. I noticed that when I turn on the blinkers they were really fast left or right. So, I checked the turn signals to see if any light bulbs where blown out. All the light bulbs work. Tonight, I was out and noticed that when I turn on the lights, my third brake light comes on. When I step on the brake, my third brake light comes on as expected. As soon as I let off the brake, the third brake light stays on. When I turn on the blinker, the third brake light goes out. I figure this is what is causing the fast blinker. Also, I noticed this problem at night because it's hard to see this problem during the day.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Outside of this problem and the gas needle reading empty when the gas tank is full, this car runs like it's brand new. I'm thinking it's the floaters for the gas tank that causing the needle to read empty when it's only on half a tank. I know it's half a tank when it says empty because I went to the gas station thinking my car was empty of gas and tried to fill it up. It would only take a half a tank of gas.

Thanks,

95tourgirl