Originally posted by teamSVTour:
I don't know if we are speaking of the same trim piece. I'll try to explain the best I can. Once you flip down the seat, look where the back of the seat latches i.e where the seat plugs into when the seat is flipped back. Right around the latch is a navy blue plactic piece that surounds the latch. I tried to pry it off (carpet is being held/pinched under it thus not allowing the deck to come all the way off) and it began to crack. I dont think its just a pry thing. I think there has got to be a trick or some kind of tab or something. I just dont want to crack it or snap a part of it off.

Wow, I just went and looked to see what you were talking about.

Both my 98 and 00 do not have those. I checked the 98 parts car I have, folded down the passenger side, no plastic. Just for the hell of it, folded down the drivers side and saw that plastic.

I guess I'm missing it completely on my car, the 00 just never came with it, because I know that deck was never removed, and the parts car only has 1 side left.

I dont see how to remove that piece either. No clips or anything visible.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!