Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Okay, Merc. What have you done to the exhaust? That's almost identical to the sound I'm looking for...subdued at idle/cruise but nice and beefy at WOT.

Yes, it's the 5.3 and I do believe it's throttle by wire, even though I haven't actually verified it yet.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
That is 100% Factory-issued stainless steel exhaust right there. You have a newer model, and the stroker engine, so GM might have put a different muffler on. If you are really looking for a nice beefy sound on throttle, but quiet at idle and highway with little resonance, I'd go for a Magnaflow or Corsa. Those two are prohibitively expensive for me though. You might look at Hooker Aerochambers or some of the mufflers Spintech makes. Both are good choices.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
hmmmm...I guess GM really managed to "improve" the noise levels of their trucks

I was considering those two brands, but I'm still researching so we'll see!

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
whoa...mean sounding exhaust from the factory

Darrel, nice truck. Have fun with the extra liters of displacement.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I wonder if the American Racing Torque-Thrust ST's fit that truck. If they do, chrome 20's would look great on there, especially if your keeping the chrome.

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard