Talked to my dad today and he is very seriously looking at a late 70's MG (can't remember exact date, but I think 78). it has some aesthetic blemishes, nothing too major, about what you would expect for a 30 year old car, new paint would probally need to happen eventually but not too soon, some interior tears, a few rust spots but nothing too major. It started right up and runs a little rough but is ok there, he wasn't able to take it for a test drive yet but will before buying obviously. The only thing holding me back from saying go for it is i have heard these are the most unrelaible cars ever made. Is the reiablility really that bad? I know that it is not good but anyone out there own one that can say for sure? Anyone know what to look for before buying this? It has 48,000 miles on it. No clue about maintenance, but it was a Florida car then trailered up to International Falls, MN a while ago. the asking price is $1500. So with this low of a price and considering it drives decent, is it worth it? Are we going to be working on it after every time we drive it to fix it, or is it more reiable than that? So far we have had 2 '53 Chevy 3100 pickup, one still in our posession that we rebiult the engine, front end and tons of other stuff so we knows what were doing, but this will be a typical hobby car, and driven probally daily once it is running good in the summer. So once its running good, is it worth it, or are they waaaay too much constant maintenance? thanks.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!