Next Thread
Print Thread
#1583718 06/03/06 05:22 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
C
ok, here's the issue, i can put the car into every gear and there's no problem getting it into gear, but then it just doesn't catch until about 4-5K RPM. is this the clutch or something else? i have the Spec clutch and it was installed with a new flywheel. i have a hard time believing that the clutch went out that quickly (about 2 years) b/c most of the time my car sits in a garage and i metro everywhere i need to go. any thoughts?

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
EVERY gear?

For example... from idle, when you slip the clutch to get going.. does it go that high before you start moving too?

go about 15mph, then put the car in 5th.. floor the gas.. do the RPMS rise while you stay the same speed? if so.. replace the clutch, or flywheel.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Ray:
EVERY gear?

For example... from idle, when you slip the clutch to get going.. does it go that high before you start moving too?

go about 15mph, then put the car in 5th.. floor the gas.. do the RPMS rise while you stay the same speed? if so.. replace the clutch, or flywheel.

thats exactly what happens, and yes in every gear. great, thanks.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard