Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:

also i dont have the quote but i respect it. these guys are out there putting straight axles on their rides so they can lift them big enough to put 28" wheels and then spend the money to put down some sick candy paint. When they are done they have a car they can be proud of (obviously thats relative) for less than the price of a lot of new cars. I personally think they are silly looking and remind me of a clown car, but just because i dont like it dosent mean i can't respect it.

I don't think respect is the word you want
Quote:

respect: verb [ trans. ] admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements : she was respected by everyone she worked with

a better word would be this:
Quote:

tolerate |??t?¤l????r?t| verb [ trans. ] allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference

"Mod your car tastefully because other people have to look at it." -Me
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by PurpleMystique:

a better word would be this:
Quote:

tolerate |??t?¤l????r?t| verb [ trans. ] allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference

LOL.. ok so respect isnt quite the word

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The reason why you are hearing the mids and highs more than the base is beacause they are mounting marine speakers in the front grills and under the cars now so everyone listens to what is being played not just the people inside anymore.

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Yeah, I'd heard a few of these before and I just figured they were driving an '80s POS and were too poor for subs, but again last night a plain-jane '80s impala stopped at the stop light in front of my house and blasted the mids and highs of his music. I'm estimating 1-2 years white kids will pick up this and start doing it, at which point it will become uncool and black people will move on to something else.

"Mod your car tastefully because other people have to look at it." -Me
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hahaha, no doubt. Can't wait.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard