Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by chemguru:
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
ok what the hell, megatron is a jet?!?!? That aint right. He should still be the big ass gun.

You're thinking of Go-bots.

There were a few jets. My favorite was the rare Autobot Jetfire. GoBots had Leader One, an F-14 Tomcat. Megatron became Galvatron, a big ass Canon. Wow, I really need to grow up..... LOL, naaaaaaaaah.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Transformers used to be my favorite show ever...Definately seeing this. And as said before, even if it sucks im gonna see it!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
ahh man...im bummed they didnt use a VW bug for bumblebee! I know its not tough, but he was always my favorite character. You gotta have the little guy that everybody can cheer for!

Hasbro could no longer get the rights for the vw. Its believed because of the new Herbie that just came out (which sucked)

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
ok what the hell, megatron is a jet?!?!? That aint right. He should still be the big ass gun.

Megatron is a jet because of mass shifting. Think about the old show. How the hell did megatron TOWER humans, and then when in gun mode, he was small enough to fit in their hands. Something the movie had to deal with.

And soundwave doesnt talk?!?! I loved the way he sounded, I HATED starscream. He was such a B*TCH.

Soundwave will talk, just rumors stating he doesn't in this movie. There is big controversy over old voice actors vs new voice actors.

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by baco99:
My fave was Bluestreak, the Datsun 280Z. The little shoulder cannon things could launch like 20 feet!

I also liked Wheeljack.

I think I still have them in a shoe box somewhere...

Something you might be interested in... They've created a new line called Alternators or Binaltech for the jap line.

Almost same names, and heads, but updated cars. Currently I have the whole collection I'd post pics, but have no where to host.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Originally posted by chemguru:

You're thinking of Go-bots.

There were a few jets. My favorite was the rare Autobot Jetfire. GoBots had Leader One, an F-14 Tomcat. Megatron became Galvatron, a big ass Canon. Wow, I really need to grow up..... LOL, naaaaaaaaah.

Jetfire the toy was awesome, because it was stolen from the Robotech/Macross VF-1S, but Skyfire in the cartoon was pretty lame. Leader One in Go-Bots was an F-15, not a Tomcat.

I'm guessing on Megatron being a jet instead of a gun may have been done partially because of the mass-shifting wouldn't fly as well in a live action movie, as well as the new toy tie-ins may be tougher to sell as a handgun with all the legislation around toy guns since the G1 transformers came to market originally.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Skyfire, lame?

I guess we differ

What about wheeljack? Shockwave? Shockwave is indeed a gun, but he could transform into a giant weapon for the Decepticons and still pull it off well..

Thanks for sharing this info

Last edited by Gr8 Po0ntour; 06/02/06 02:18 AM.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Rara:

I'm guessing on Megatron being a jet instead of a gun may have been done partially because of the mass-shifting wouldn't fly as well in a live action movie, as well as the new toy tie-ins may be tougher to sell as a handgun with all the legislation around toy guns since the G1 transformers came to market originally.

Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

Megatron is a jet because of mass shifting. Think about the old show. How the hell did megatron TOWER humans, and then when in gun mode, he was small enough to fit in their hands. Something the movie had to deal with.

exactly! I forgot to mention the whole anti gun thing.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I have faith...but i think i, like most fans, will compare it to the animated movie. And i don't think there will be one.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
wasnt jazz a porsche? always looked like a 911 to me. jazz as a carrera gt would be badass.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard